Arrive at the direct airport of Santander from any part of Spain. You can also opt for Bilbao airport if you’re coming from other parts of Europe. From this airport, you would have to come by road to reach Santander. It would be 100 km drive from Bilbao to Santander which could take you around 1 hour and 15 minutes. All you would have to do is take the A-8 highway from Bilbao to Santander.
- The Santander Airport is 7 km away from downtown and provides regular flights from Madrid and Barcelona. The main airline services are through Iberia Airlines. There are 8 flights from Madrid every day, 3 flights from Barcelona every day. You could also opt for Ryanair Airline to cut down on the ticket cost. They provide 2 flights from Madrid and 1 flight from Barcelona. From Madrid to Santander it takes 1 hour by plane and from Barcelona the flight time is 1 hour and a half.
- The alternative to choose Bilbao airport has an international airport situated in Loiu. This is about 120 km from Santander and they provide regular flights to the European capitals.
A little away from Jardines de Pereda and Promenade of Jardines de Pereda, we get a shipping terminal of Santander. They offer two-way services every week to Great Britain and reach you to Val de Loire. It is important to note, that there are no chances of embarking at Roscoff, Saint Malo or at Cherbourg and Caën. Brittany Ferries offers a direct route by ferry from the UK to Santander from either from either Plymouth or Portsmouth.
- Renfe provides regular trains from Madrid and Alicante to reach you to Santander. The journeys include three stops in the main cities of Palencia, Valladolid and Ávila, which fall on the way. There are trains from Madrid Chamartin Station at around 7:40 a.m. on Mondays to Fridays and at 1:30 and 6:05 p.m. every day. You would need about 5-6 hours to reach the destination, and the cost would be around €35 per ticket.
- Renfe Feve train services offer daily trains from Bilbao and Asturia to get to you, Santander.
- ALSA bus services provide daily buses from Galicia, Asturias, Pais Vasco, Castilla y León, Zaragoza, Extremadura and Barcelona to reach your destination. There are weekly services which operate from Belgium, France, Switzerland and UK.
- Coming from Barcelona would take you 9 hours to reach. The bus will stop at Zaragoza once and then continue the journey. From Madrid, it will take 5 hours and the cost would be around €30.
- There are around 20 buses which leave from Bilbao to get you to Santander. This journey will not be more than 90 minutes. The tickets have seat numbers printed on them and you will have to sit accordingly.
- There are Bilman Bus services which offer regular buses from Valencia, Alicante, Murcia and Cartagena.