Top Spanish Foods to Try in Zaragoza
The contrasting landscape and cultural mixture make the gastronomy of Zaragoza. They include a wide range of products which are always fresh. From the soups, stews, casseroles, barbequed meats, roasted meat, fresh veggies and legumes, you get all sorts of food here.
- Ternasco: baby lamb either roasted or barbequed.
- Chilindron: roasted chicken added with tomato, onion sauce and pepper.
- Escabeche de pollo, conejo or perdiz: chicken, rabbit or patridge simmered in oil and vinegar and added with spices and veggies. Sometimes fishes are used instead too.
- Migas: light pan-fried bread crumbs added with garlic, onion and chorizo. It is often served with grapes.
- Ajoarriero: cod fish with eggs, and added with potatoes and garlic.
- Frutas de Aragon: it is Turkish delight covered with fruits and chocolate.
- Crespinños/Crespillos: it is a borrage dipped in a form of batter and then fried.
- Guirlaclies: it is a type of nougat added with almonds, sugar and honey.
- Melocoton and Peras con vino: peaches and pears added in wine.