- About SIDS
- Country Profiles
- AIMS Region
- Caribbean Region
- Pacific Region
University Consortium of Small Island States
The mission of the University Consortium of Small Island States [UCSIS] is to enhance the capacity of graduate education institutions in small island states by facilitating the development of the institutional and systemic capacity needed to implement the Barbados Programme of Action.
- To improve information flows among members on course offerings, facilities,student needs and relevant documents.
- To encourage cooperative curriculum development, research, indigenous knowledge management and outreach in the key areas of sustainable development of SIDS by supporting resilience building for sustainable development.
- To share research findings and reference materials.
- To use the results of SIDS-focused research and field work to assemble curricula relevant to island development
- Recommend standards and procedures for inter-institutional accreditation among Members.
- Ensure the sustainability of the Consortium by seeking and securing appropriate funding to support the activities of the Consortium.
Acronym / Short Name:UCSIS