- About SIDS
- BIODIVERSITY .:
- CLIMATE CHANGE .:
- Disaster Risk Reduction DRR
- Coastal and Marine Resources
- FOOD SECURITY AND NUTRITION
- GENDER EQUALITY AND WOMEN’S EMPOWERMENT
- HEALTH AND NCDS
- INVASIVE ALIEN SPECIES
- MANAGEMENT OF WASTE
- MEANS OF IMPLEMENTATION, INCLUDING PARTNERSHIPS
- MONITORING AND ACCOUNTABILITY
- OCEANS AND SEAS
- SIDS PRIORITIES FOR THE POST-2015 AGENDA
- SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT
- SUSTAINED AND SUSTAINABLE
- SUSTAINABLE CONSUMPTION AND PRODUCTION
- SUSTAINABLE ENERGY
- SUSTAINABLE TRANSPORT
- WATER AND SANITATION
- Country Profiles
- AIMS Region
- Caribbean Region
- Pacific Region
University Consortium of Small Island States
The mission of the University Consortium of Small Island States [UCSIS] is to enhance the capacity of graduate education institutions in small island states by facilitating the development of the institutional and systemic capacity needed to implement the Barbados Programme of Action.
- To improve information flows among members on course offerings, facilities,student needs and relevant documents.
- To encourage cooperative curriculum development, research, indigenous knowledge management and outreach in the key areas of sustainable development of SIDS by supporting resilience building for sustainable development.
- To share research findings and reference materials.
- To use the results of SIDS-focused research and field work to assemble curricula relevant to island development
- Recommend standards and procedures for inter-institutional accreditation among Members.
- Ensure the sustainability of the Consortium by seeking and securing appropriate funding to support the activities of the Consortium.
Acronym / Short Name:UCSIS