The purpose of the meeting:
- provide a forum for the SIDS of the three regions to evaluate continuing national and regional challenges in implementing the Mauritius Strategy,
- to discuss common priorities for action,
- and to finalize a global synthesis report for consideration by CSD-18 acting as the preparatory committee for the high-level review of the Mauritius Strategy in September 2010.
Inputs to the Inter-regional Meeting
The review meetings held in the Pacific, AIMS and Caribbean regions produced three regional synthesis reports.
- Download the Pacific Regional Synthesis Report
- Download the AIMS Regional Synthesis Report
- Download the Caribbean Regional Synthesis Report
The Chair, H.E. C. Peter David, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Grenada, opened the session. Introductory statements were made by Mr. Cheick Sidi Diarra, Under-Secretary-General and High Representative for the Least Developed Countries, Landlocked Developing Countries and Small Island Developing States and Mr. Thomas Stelzer, Assistant Secretary-General of DESA. The three regional outcomes from the AIMS, Pacific and Caribbean regions were presented by the chairs of the respective regional review meetings. The Director of the Division for Sustainable Development, DESA made a presentation, followed by general statements.
|Statements by Presenters|
|Opening remarks by the Chair: C. Peter David, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Grenada||Download|
|Remarks by OHRLLS – Mr. Cheick Sidi Diarra||Download|
|Remarks by DESA – Mr. Thomas Stelzer||Download|
|Presentation of AIMS Regional Review Outcome
Mr. Amjad Abdulla, Director General of the Ministry of Housing and Transportation
|Presentation of Pacific Regional Review Outcome
H.E. Mr. Sela Molisa, Minister, Ministry of Finance and Economic Management
|Presentation of Caribbean Regional Review Outcome
H.E. Mr. C. Peter David, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Grenada
|Presentation by Mr. Tariq Banuri
Progress in addressing vulnerabilities of SIDS through the implementation of the Mauritius Strategy