You have most likely heard the words personal injury claims before on late night television, the radio, or on internet ads. What exactly does this term mean? Well, it is a generalized term that means someone received money for a number of types of accidents or injuries where someone else was responsible in some way or another. It could be directly or indirectly. These accidents and injuries can occur in any location. Whether it be work, someone’s home, on the highway or in a public park or mall. Other situations that can be claimed are industry related sickness or medical negligence or malpractice.
- 1 A Personal Injury Claim and Who Qualifies
- 2 It Doesn’t have to Be Physical
- 3 Reasons
- 4 Moral Reasons
- 5 How Should You File?
- 6 What Does the Solicitor Need From You?
- 7 Get a Member of the Law Solicitor Society
- 8 Your Solicitor and What He Can Do For You
- 9 Price
- 10 Questions that you need to ask
- 11 Where do you find a solicitor anyway?
A Personal Injury Claim and Who Qualifies
Do you feel like you are the victim of someone else’s negligence and have the right to make a claim? You may. If you have gotten hurt, caught a disease, or been psychologically damaged intentionally or by negligence, you have the right to file for just compensation.
It Doesn’t have to Be Physical
For someone to start the personal injury process, it doesn’t always have to be an injury that causes physical pain. Emotional damage and suffering also qualify as injuries. Psychological trauma can be just as debilitating as an injured body part in some instances.
There can be many reasons why you feel you deserve compensation for the suffering you have endured. That is a reason in itself, pain and suffering. You miss time from your career, the bills pile up, credit card debt mounts and you can barely feed your family. It is definitely one of the biggest reasons for personal injury claims. This can give you the time and peace of mind you need to get back on your feet without being strapped for cash. There is also medical costs associated with multiple treatments you have to do and seek. Some people file because they feel wronged. They want to seek justice for what has happened to them or someone that they care about.
Sometimes money is not a factor at all. Someone just may want to change the existing rules in a company regarding safety procedures so that no one else gets hurt again. They want to make a difference in the world and could care less about the cash.
How Should You File?
Once you have decided that you want to claim you have some options in the personal injury claims process. You can either file it yourself Or use one of the personal injury claims solicitors.
these cases are tough and having someone to guide you through the process will make it that much easier. A solicitor knows the loopholes that you do not.The person that you filed it against us going to contest and claim innocence. It will most likely be a long fight. A solicitor will speed up the process and find you all of the money that he can.
What Does the Solicitor Need From You?
There are a number of things that you will need to provide to the person or company handling your case. Make sure to have all of these things ready to go-
- When did the incident occur? Date? Time?How did it occur? What were you doing?
- The exact diagnosis of any emotional and physical damage sustained due to the incident in question.
- Did anyone see It happen? Witnesses are key. Get any and all phone numbers of these witnesses.
- Are you in a union for your work? If so they may have insurance to pay for your legal fees and related expenses.
- What kind of treatments have you been through? Have you tried everything to get better?
- Get all documentation showing how much money you have lost due to not being able to work and other expenses.
- Insurance policies you have to look over to see if your covered for certain procedures and situations. Some insurance companies even help pay for expenses incurred during trial.
Get a Member of the Law Solicitor Society
This association or group is in a way like the Better Business Bureau in terms of rating the legitimacy of a service or business. This specific one focuses on only having personal injury claims solicitors who meet the criteria for excellence in their area of expertise. They rate members with a mark of quality. You need to make sure to look for the symbol representing this association.
Your Solicitor and What He Can Do For You
In a personal injury claims process, there are many things that a personal injury claims solicitor will explain to you. They can go over a number of factors with you so your process is more clear to you and what you are to expect.
- What kind of money will you receive?
- What are the rates of success in cases like yours?
- They will explain the legal process involved, get a letter statement of any advice a legal Solicitor has given you and write down any tips given on your case.
Fees can be varying depending on how much work you’re solicitor has to do and how complex your case is. You should check out a few different law firm’s to see which one is the best fit for you. Shopping around is always a good idea.you will be asked to pay for medical evidence files as well in something known as disbursements. This is normal and expected.
The solicitor will explain everything to you at your first meeting about what it will cost you to file a personal injury claim.
Questions that you need to ask
And you, of course, are going to want to know how much this is going to cost you and if it is going to be worthwhile to file a personal injury claim
- . If you don’t win the case can you work out something?
- Will you be charged by the hour or will it be a flat rate?
- Should you get some kind of insurance in case the defendant in your case and wins and you have to pay for their costs?
- Is there any other way to come up with money like a grant to help pay for your case?
Where do you find a solicitor anyway?
There are websites available for you to find solicitors who do personal injury cases. You can do a basic search and look for terms like solicitor near me for accident and injury.
you also want to make sure that they are part of an accredited society of others solicitors who have experience in personal injury law. You can also see the ranking that they hold him to make sure they are top notch at what they do.