The Cook Islands are one of the most popular tropical holiday destinations in the South Pacific. With some of the best beaches and lagoons in the world, many travellers come and enjoy their vacation of a lifetime. Many of the resorts and hotels specialise in family and adventure holidays. There are also some 5-star resorts and villas that offer luxury holiday packages and deals. This tropical paradise is ideal for those looking for that trip to remember with the Polynesian culture at your fingertips. Come and enjoy one of the favourite holiday destination in the South Pacific.
The warm tropical climate, white sand beaches, blue lagoons and friendly Polynesia welcome have ensured that the Cook Islands is one of the world’s most popular holiday destinations. The wide range of hotels, resorts, villas and vacation rentals include options for all budgets from basic backpacker hostels to 5-star luxury accommodation. This is the perfect destination for all kinds of Cook Islands vacation, be it a romantic honeymoon, beach getaway, family holiday, or corporate escape.
The capital island is Rarotonga, and it is here that you first arrive, via the International Airport close to Avarua, the country’s main town and business centre. The island is easy to get around via a coastal road, with sandy beaches, coconut palms and fringing reef enclosing an inner lagoon. There are other popular vacation spots in the Cook Islands, including the world-famous Aitutaki Lagoon, renowned for its beauty.
• The Cook Islands are located in the heart of the South Pacific ocean.
• Receive a warm welcome from the friendly Polynesian people, and enjoy colourful dance performances at special island nights.
• The main airlines servicing the Cooks are Air New Zealand and Pacific Blue (Virgin), and the domestic airline is Air Rarotonga, offering scenic flights as well as transfers to the outer islands and atolls.
• The main town is Avarua, with shopping, museum, cafes, restaurants and harbour. Don’t miss the beautiful black pearls, which make an ideal gift to take home.
• Couples from around the world spend their honeymoon on Rarotonga or Aitutaki, and wedding packages are available.
• Holiday accommodation is available from budget to luxury.
The ideal recreations in the Cook Islands include beach relaxation, swimming, snorkelling and kayaking in the calm lagoons, scuba diving, sports fishing, and more. Muri Beach and lagoon on the east side of Rarotonga is a popular holiday centre with many watersports and glass-bottom boat rides! Rarotonga has a cross-island hiking trail providing beautiful vistas along the way through its lush, rainforested central highlands. Cycling is another popular pastime when enjoying your vacation in the Cook Islands.